Saturday 1 June 2013

Bus driver returns N380,000 cheque,N49,000 cash to owner

A mini-bus driver, Bisi Oladimeji, 33, on
Saturday returned N49,000 cash and a
cheque for N380,000 to the owner in
Osogbo, the News Agency of Nigeria
reports.
The owner, Olubunmi Adeleke, a teacher at
Our Lady and St. Francis College, Osogbo,
forgot a purse containing the items in the
bus she boarded from Fakunle area of
Osogbo to Aregbe.
The owner of the cheque lives at
Agunbelewo area of Osogbo while the cheque
was written in her favour from her co-
operative society.
Speaking in Osogbo, Mrs. Adeleke said, “I
was really devastated when I realised that
I have misplaced the purse.
“I got the N380,000 cheque from my
cooperative for a private project.
“I was about to give up all hope when the
bus driver traced me and returned all my
money and personal effects intact,” she
said.
The mini-bus driver said that although he
was in need of money but, “I couldn’t have
taken what is not mine.”
Mr. Oladimeji, who lives in Ikirun but
operates in Osogbo with a bus registered,
XA 76 RGB, said he became a driver when he
could not get a white-collar job.
“I have a Higher National Diploma (HND) in
Accountancy from the Federal Polytechnic,
Offa.
“The bus is not my own; I am just a hired
driver; I do it to keep soul and body
together,” Mr. Oladimeji said.
He said he sat for the recent Osun Civil
Service Commission recruitment
examination and scored 199, adding,
“although I don’t know whether I would be
employed, but I know that only God can
bless me.
“When I saw the purse in my bus, I checked
inside and found the identity card showing
where the passenger works,” he said.
On how he located the owner, Oladimeji
said he traced the school in Isale Aro
area of Osogbo, from where he was directed
to Mrs. Adeleke’s house.

No comments:

Azenabor Iyere Johnson