Monday 11 August 2014

Osun's election was free and fair- Femi Fani-Kayode

A former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, who stated that he campaigned for the Peoples Democratic Party candidate, Senator Iyiola Omisore, described the experience as “gruelling.”



Fani-Kayode, however, claimed, there was no rigging and commended the Independent National Electoral Commission for conducting a free and fair election.

Writing on his Facebook page, Fani-Kayode thanked his friends and colleagues in the PDP for putting up a good fight.

“For the last two weeks, I have been in the field in Osun State campaigning for my friend, brother and kinsman and my party’s candidate in the governorship election, Senator Iyiola Omisore. It has been a gruelling yet wonderful experience and I am very proud to have been part of the team and so deeply involved.

“I thank my kinsmen and the good people of my district, zone and hometown in Ile-Ife, particularly for standing by the PDP in this election and delivering virtually all the votes in their four local government areas to our son and candidate, Senator Iyiola Omisore.

“It is clear from the foregoing that Aregbesola has not only won but he has also won convincingly. I hereby congratulate him and his party on their victory. This is democracy and we must respect the will of the people. You win some and you lose some yet the struggle continues,” Fani-Kayode stated.

No comments:

Azenabor Iyere Johnson