Friday 15 August 2014

Ribadu, don't dump APC for PDP - Kano Gov.

On the heightened speculation that the former Economic and Financial Crimes Commission’s chairman, Malam Nuhu Ribadu, is planning to dump the All Progressive Congress, Kwankwaso cautioned that he would be making the biggest political mistake of his life if he decides to defect to the Peoples Democratic Party.



His words: “I have heard the rumor and I don’t want to believe that it is correct or that it is true. But I want to say that if that (rumor) becomes a reality, then I think that he would be a big disappointment to Nigerians.

“People, ordinarily, would think that Nuhu Ribadu is a principled person, somebody with good ideology, somebody who is progressive, somebody who is always working towards the unity of this country.

“I remember during his days as the chairman of the EFCC, he has done so much to deal with corruption. And as we are moving deep into democracy and water is taking its level, people are moving in and out of parties, meaning that people with similar ideologies are coming together, unlike 1998, 1999 when we were forming parties to remove the military and everybody from all the ideological tendencies had to come together.

“Now for him, who in my opinion, is at the right place, together with progressives, with all the bonds, the love and so on in between us – if he should leave  because he is looking for position, because he is looking for a ticket to contest election, I don’t think that is good for him. And it is not even good for the country. I believe that at the end of the day, if that happens, he would be the biggest loser”, he stated.

“He would lose because he would be joining a group, most of whose members were jailed by him. I don’t think they would ever want to see him there. But in politics, there is this accommodation by people. They would bring you close, raise you up and dump you and at the end of the day, they would laugh at you and say look at him now!

“I believe that if Ribadu should join PDP, whether he wins elections or not, he would be the biggest loser. People would come to believe that all what we thought about him was completely wrong.

“I believe that the biggest punishment to a politicians is for him to be in the wrong place because if he goes there, at the time they are talking of how to share 20 billion US dollars, I don’t think he would be happy with that sort of thing if he is the Ribadu I used know. Unless, he is just deceiving all of us”.

No comments:

Azenabor Iyere Johnson